AMA - pic of flags

News and information about what's happening in the dunes.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Vincent J Brunasso
ASA Co-Founder • Past President
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

AMA - pic of flags

Post by Vincent J Brunasso » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:00 pm

Here's the new AMA flags
Vincent J. Brunasso
ASA Co-Founder and past president

“My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.”
--Thomas Jefferson

Vincent J Brunasso
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by Vincent J Brunasso » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:18 pm

As per Neil Hamada, ISDRA Dunes Manager, at the last ASA board meeting: The AMA will be open Oct. 15 to March 31 and only during dawn to dusk during that period. The plan allows 75 groups of up to 7 vehicles to enter the area – no limit on the number of people in the 7-vehicle group. Permits are good for up to seven days but can be obtained for fewer days so that others can be allowed to get a permit as their permits expire. He cautioned that even though a permit can be obtained for only one or 2 vehicles this would count as 7 towards the maximum limit of 525 vehicles allowed entry into the AMA since there will be only 75 permits in effect at any given time. Vehicle slots would be wasted.

The program is intended to be simple. Each driver of each vehicle will be required to read a conservation brochure and answer four simple questions relative to the data in the brochure. After answering the four questions, applicants will receive the permit provided there are permits available. Information about the program will be on the message board at the Cahuilla ranger station. Neil also explained that there will be no access to the AMA from the east side (from the washes) of the dunes due to the sensitive areas located there.

Signs to look for:
Vincent J. Brunasso
ASA Co-Founder and past president

“My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.”
--Thomas Jefferson

Return to “ISDRA Information”