Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Vincent J Brunasso
ASA Co-Founder • Past President
ASA Co-Founder • Past President
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Crusty Demons 6 - on our hit list

Post by Vincent J Brunasso » Sun Dec 17, 2000 12:20 pm

It has come to my attention that Crusty Demon 6 shows duners throwing beer cans at the Rangers. Any film for public distribution that portrays the dune community as nothing less than law-abiding citizens deserves our attention.If one of you out there can get the name, address, phone numbers, etc of the producer and the production company we can throw a letter campaign at them they will not soon forget. We can also tie up their phones for a day or 2. Theses are the tactics the Environmentalists use and look where it got them.Vincent J. BrunassoPresident ASA

GlamisKat
1st Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by GlamisKat » Sun Dec 17, 2000 12:33 pm

Just saw one called GLAMIS What really happens and it made me sick. It's put out by felony films. A Steven Kroo film. I don't think that they were just filming stuff that went on out there but it was the group they were with. It was really discusting.Kathie Dike

Paleale
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member

Post by Paleale » Sun Dec 17, 2000 12:51 pm

I say we boycott this film. Any film that shows these idiots trashing our dunes and giving OHV'ers a bad name does not deserve any money. We need to get in touch with the producers of these films and tell them that this has to STOP! We need to tell the ASA supporters not to sell these films. The tree huggers will hop on to this film big time. They will show the bad clips to everyone they can. We need to get in touch with the producer of this film and have him cut that part of the film. This type of publicity OHV'ers do not need, especially now. So let's tell these assenine producers that they are trying to put themselves out of business. If they continue to film this type of crap they will not have the dunes to film in anymore because they helped close them . I know deja vue but it is appropriate...Paleale SAVE GLAMIS Dune on...Edited by - Paleale on 12/17/2000 12:40:50 PM

Winston Cup
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Post by Winston Cup » Sun Dec 17, 2000 1:37 pm

The best place to hurt them is by cutting off their distribution. Any business you find that is selling these particular videos, showing that kind of abuse, you need to explain to them that these certain videos are distructive to our sport, and are a big part of why we are where we are now. We need to lean on these shops to stop carrying these particular videos. That is the most effective way to stop it. Remember, not all the videos are like this, so focus on the ones that you know are abusive to the sport. With no place to sell their product in its present form, they will have to change it.If you want to contact the producers of Crusty Demons go here http://www.fleshwoundfilms.com/fleshwou ... x.htmlThis will get you straight to their site and bypass the junk before it. It has an e-mail address, a form to let them know what you think, also gives a handy dandy phone # too.Contacting their sponsors (they give you that too) and letting them know what they are actually supporting would be most effective.You want to really get these peoples attention, always go after the $$$ supply.Guy ChrestBoard AdministratorASA Supporter / Volunteer

Sandnavigator
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by Sandnavigator » Sun Dec 17, 2000 2:23 pm

Hey,gang I just read another post that said this film is in Theaters? Is this true?Usually they only release the film on video.I cant believe that they are still trying this junk.They ran out of ideas after the second one........T

Kevin
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Kevin » Sun Dec 17, 2000 5:29 pm

i hear that the producers made millions off the first crusty, and lots more off the rest. maybe try and get them to contribute some of that money they got for negatively portraying our dunes to the ASA? kevin"I Love the Smell of Race Gas in the Morning"

Kreggmann
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Kreggmann » Sun Dec 17, 2000 6:36 pm

I just sent my email to fleshwound. Will soon be sending one to VANs. I was just goingto buy Vans for everyone one my Xmas list like I do every year. Now what will I buy?

Tom Simrak
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Tom Simrak » Sun Dec 17, 2000 6:45 pm

I have just sent an e-mail to both fleshwound films and vans shoes. I also went to jolt soda's page and sent them a comment. Their page is a little harder to navigate. I urge everyone to e-mail these people and threated and come thru with a boycott of their products. I also returned 2 pairs of vans shoes tonight. We must all get together and boycott these disructive people. turn your LAZER STARS on them and enlighten everyone.http://www.sandcars.comEdited by - tom simrak on 12/17/2000 5:46:59 PMEdited by - tom simrak on 12/17/2000 6:07:14 PM

robbie
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by robbie » Sun Dec 17, 2000 7:43 pm

well, I was just going to buy a few pairs of Vans for my son and I tomorrow. I'm glad I read this post before I gave them anymore of my money. I'll go to Vans anyway, just to tell them that they've lost a few customers.RobbieEXPAND THE ISDRA

Kreggmann
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Kreggmann » Sun Dec 17, 2000 7:49 pm

I just got my email to fleshwounds back."USER UNKNOWN"

Kreggmann
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Kreggmann » Sun Dec 17, 2000 8:07 pm

< Auto-response from Vans Customer Support >Thanks for the e-mail! If you are a rider or a band and are looking forsponsorship, please send your resume to:Vans Inc.Attn: Steve Van Doren/ Sponsorships15700 Shoemaker Ave.Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670-5569

Winston Cup

Post by Winston Cup » Sun Dec 17, 2000 8:28 pm

We need to flood these sponsors with comments. Time to make some noise everyone. They pull their sponsorship ($) and that will get the video makers attention. Now thats being effective.Guy ChrestBoard AdministratorASA Supporter / Volunteer

quadindad
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by quadindad » Sun Dec 17, 2000 10:02 pm

Before everyone starts boycottingm shouldn't someone verify that the Crusty 6 movies actually contains the beer can throwing incident? I have a few Crusty videos and haven't seen any negative or destructive activity on them. I have seen some outrageous jumps and some beuatiful dune shots.John

Ron @ Lazer Star

Post by Ron @ Lazer Star » Sun Dec 17, 2000 10:16 pm

Posted by Tim Wight, Forum Moderator:The worst segement was a clip of several people throwing beer cans at BLM rangers at the dunes. This is despicable! People go see this movie and think thats how OHV riders are.He saw this at an AMC theater. If your local AMC is showing it, you should express your displeasure witht the Manager. The ASA's new letter generator should have something for us to send out soon...Ron ScottVice President, OperationsWeekend ConceptsGOL Forum Moderatorrscott@weekendconcepts.comwww.saveglamis.com"Hey, that's a GREAT IDEA! So... Why aren't YOU doing it?"

Tom Simrak
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Tom Simrak » Sun Dec 17, 2000 11:00 pm

The e-mail address for Fleshwound films iswebmaster@fleshwoundfilms.comfor vans it is custserv@vansshoes.comI also e-mailed jolt cola. they don't publish there address but if you go to joltcola.com, there is a comments page you can write to. Click on your LAZER STARS and enlighten the sponsors.http://www.sandcars.com

Tim Wight
ASA Public Safety Vice Chair

Post by Tim Wight » Sun Dec 17, 2000 11:12 pm

The movie was at a local AMC theater in Mesa, Az. and shows only on Saturday night at 10:30 Pm. It's called Adrenallin Theater, AMC rotates different movies through (like surfing, snowboarding, BMX style movies)I guarantee you it had that scene of cans being thrown at rangers. Also, the rest of the movie was boring also. I think they have ran out of things to show.Tim WightMesa, AZ.Forum ModeratorDon't ask what the ASA can do for you, ask what you can do for the ASA!!!Dune On!Check this link out!http://responsiblerecreation.org

Kevin
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Kevin » Mon Dec 18, 2000 10:00 am

I bought a copy of crusty 6 when it came out, and i have watched it about 4 times now and that scene doesn't change, BEER CANS BEING THROWN AT THE RANGERS, theres two blm vehicles and a few rangers and alot of beer cans in the air on the clip. very dissapointing to see that on what is usually a pretty good series of filmskevin"I Love the Smell of Race Gas in the Morning"

Dune Goon
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Dune Goon » Mon Dec 18, 2000 3:23 pm

I think we'd better tread lightly here guys. I know this is an upsetting incedent, but we have to watch out who we are making enemies with. We obviously need all the friends we can get and threatening members of the motorcycle community is no way to add to our list of supporters. I think it is very likely that the producers of Crusty 6 (Dana Nicholson and John Freeman) are unaware of the delicate situation we are faced with in saving our dunes. It is safe to say that this was not a blatant attempt by Fleshwound Films to get our dunes closed. They are enthusiasts just like us. I think it should be handled as that; an accident. I'm sure that if they were to be made aware of the damage they are causing you would not see any more of this behavior in Crusty 7, 8 or 9. It was just an attempt to appeal to the rebellious nature of their customers, the freestyle jumpers. I'm willing to bet they had no idea what the complications of that little scene could be. Creating another enemy which has the potential to portray the dunes and its followers in a positive light is not the answer. I fear many of us have become "zealots" who, in the name of our cause, relegate to squabbling amongst ourselves and bitching to anyone who will listen. While this does need to be addressed, I feel that yanking sponsors and boycotting products will get us nowhere. It will just send another group of people to the other side of the fence. (the tree-hugging side) Thanks for the oppurtunity to voice my concerns. Long Beach, CABrian Bakken

Tom Simrak
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Tom Simrak » Mon Dec 18, 2000 3:58 pm

Today I recieved an e-mail from Vans shoes. They claim to have NO knowledge of fleshwound films or this video. I pointed the website to them so they may look for themselves. At least this showes they do have concerns about this. Maybe this is just what we needed. More to follow I hope. I shined my LAZER STARS and enlightend themhttp://www.sandcars.com

robio
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by robio » Mon Dec 18, 2000 4:23 pm

Dune Goon -- you make a very good point.

JRfastbanshee
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by JRfastbanshee » Mon Dec 18, 2000 4:42 pm

Wow! I agree with Dune Goon. Why is everybody instantly attacking these people instead of looking for a solution. While boycotting that particular film isn't all too wrong...we should try to contact the producers first and see where they stand. I don't know of too many people that have the capabilities to produce a film such as Crusty's. Maybe we can get them fully onboard with the ASA and make a new film to rebutle Crusty 6 and donate some of the profits to the ASA. Granted many of these videos I have seen become very destructive at times...they need the dunes open to continue making the bucks. And I do believe it brings in lots of bucks! To me...lots of cash flow leads to lots of power and intimedation on our side. Anyone have personal connections to maybe organize a charity video???-JRYour mother is not with you...pick up your TRASH!!!

Sand Clink
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Sand Clink » Mon Dec 18, 2000 9:19 pm

I agree with both sides. Yes this footage in this video hurts the dunners and shouldn't be shown, but we need the video makers to at least apoligize for this content, pull these copies off shelves, stop the theater showings, and put together a new copy which dosen't encourage violence. If they advertise, they will come. Does anyone wonder why it gets worse every year? Todays society gets rich off this behavior by making it look "cool" at others expense, which is the dunners at this time. It's time for anyone who's in business in this sport to see if they are hurting it or helping the true lovers of this exelent sport. If you have to think about it, GET OUT, it will make my life easier and less stressful.DRIVE FAST, DRINK BEER OR STAY AT HOME!

Paleale

Post by Paleale » Mon Dec 18, 2000 9:38 pm

Well it is a little to late for them to cut that part of the film. When you are a film maker you have responsibilities (It is just like yelling fire in a crowed room) when the general public sees this film they get the impression that anything goes at the dunes including lawlessness. Do you think that the tree huggers are going to care that the producers of this movie made a mistake, I really don't think so. The producers of this movie made there bed and now they are going to have to lie in it. They knew the risk of putting that scene in there other wise it would have ended up on the cutting room floor. Hopefully they will learn from this mistake,and on there next film they will make good. I have yet to see this movie but I am willing to bet that none of the riders have flags on there bikes to, I hope I am wrong.Paleale SAVE GLAMIS Dune on...Edited by - Paleale on 12/18/2000 8:41:36 PM

Jeepin
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Jeepin » Mon Dec 18, 2000 9:51 pm

Yeah, and now we're all gonna have to lie in that bed with them :(Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.SAVE GLAMIS. Lost Coast 4x4's.

KingGlamis

Post by KingGlamis » Mon Dec 18, 2000 10:14 pm

Dune Goon, you think it very likely that the producers of Crusty 6 are unaware of the delicate situation...BLA BLA BLA. Wake up man. I have enjoyed the past Crusty videos, but they thrive on wild and controversial footage, that's how they make their money. They have overstepped their bounds this time however. And do not kid yourself at all, the entire Fleshwound Films crew has been to Glamis a lot, and they know exactly what the consequences of their films are, and they don't care (in my opinion). They sell rebellion and wild action. We don't need that. The fact that they have chosen to include negative footage such as this in their current video is concrete evidence that they could care less about the dunes. I fully encourage everyone to boycott this video and let the video's sponsors know your feelings. I will try to contact Jon Freeman and Dana Nicholson to get a comment, but I doubt they will be very receptive. They stand to make a lot of money from sensationalism, why would they back down. Hopefully if Crusty 6 has really poor sales they will think twice next time. As a final note, if Jon or Dana really cared about the dunes, don't you think they would be posting on this board on a regular basis. Or at least this once to defend their position. I think my point is made. The producers of Crusty probably don't even read this forum. Yet they laugh all the way to the bank when people buy their videos. The first few Crusty videos were entertaining, and somewhat controversial, but they have bit off more than they can chew now. In the past Sand Sports magazine supported Fleshwound and the Crusty videos. We will no longer do so. Not until they make a video that accurately portrays responsible off-roading. I implore you all, DO NOT BUY CRUSTY 6, AND PLEASE EMAIL FLESHWOUND (http://www.fleshwoundfilms.com) and tell them your thoughts. Think about their film people, it is like admitting that we are all guilty. Do they show the thousands of families that enjoy a great vacation together? Do they show the trash clean ups? Do they show anything positive? NO! NO! NO! They do not! Think about it, and make your own decision.Doug DixonEditorSand Sports MagazineASA supporterKeep our dunes clean and open!

Sand Clink
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Sand Clink » Mon Dec 18, 2000 10:37 pm

JUST SENT FLESHWOUNDS MY "BEST REGUARDS"DRIVE FAST, DRINK BEER OR STAY AT HOME!

CSForest
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by CSForest » Tue Dec 19, 2000 12:49 am

Here's what I wrote:It has saddened me to learn that your latest Crusty Demons video includes footage of thugs throwing beer cans at BLM officers. An unlawful event which occurred last year (1999) at Thanksgiving. I have enjoyed the initial few Crusty videos, but since about the 3rd or 4th one, it has become nothing more than a video that encourages violent & illegal activities. We are trying to save our dunes from closure, and would hope that companies such as yours, would be more sensitive to what your products encourage. I hope you reconsider your films focus & get back to riding & jumping in your future films. In the meantime, I will continue to NOT buy your products & will encourage my family and friends to do the same.Cindy S.

glamis5150
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by glamis5150 » Tue Dec 19, 2000 5:52 pm

just sent them my regards as well

Jeepster
1st Gear Member

Post by Jeepster » Tue Dec 19, 2000 7:06 pm

The web page for Felony Films is http://www.felonyfilms.com/Their film "Glamis, What Really Happens" is about the worst film about Glamis you could come across. It depicts trashing the dunes, wild parties, blowing up tv's and more. When the bad element sees this type of film it makes them want to come out and be a part of the wild mess. We need to give Felony Films the same treatment we give other bad film producers.Help keep America Free.

Charlie
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by Charlie » Wed Dec 20, 2000 9:07 am

Maybe including some footage of the morons being cuffed and hauled away would help send a message to the idiots. AND some footage of the closure signs to show what happens as a result of this kind of behavior.

Tim Wight

Post by Tim Wight » Sun Dec 24, 2000 12:36 pm

Has anybody gotten a response from Fleshwound or any of the sponsers?Tim WightMesa, AZ.Forum ModeratorDon't ask what the ASA can do for you, ask what you can do for the ASA!!!Dune On!Check this link out!http://responsiblerecreation.org

Paleale

Post by Paleale » Sun Dec 24, 2000 12:50 pm

No I have not, but I sent a pretty Intense letter to Van's Shoes.Paleale SAVE GLAMIS Dune on...

CR Rider
1st Gear Member

Post by CR Rider » Tue Dec 26, 2000 9:00 am

Wow.... It is just a shame that Fleshwound Films is promoting the violence. I agree that we need to give them a headslap and make a sincere effort to make sure that they don't profit for Crusty Demons 6. My message to them follows and hopefully they will be hearing from many other off-road enthusiasts... Stay tuned...Ladies and Gentlemen, I have been told, through a reliable source, that your production "Crusty Demons 6" features some footage of a group of riders or riding enthusiasts throwing beer cans, other objects at BLM rangers in Glamis. I have several of your productions in my video collection and I am appalled that you folks are promoting such violent actions. You may now know that certain environmental organizations are pumping millions of dollars into an effort to close Glamis. Productions such as Crusty Demons 6 will surely advance their efforts. These organizations are using examples of this type of violence to win the support of the judges and government officials. Certainly you have the right to make money with your work. However, you are helping to destroy the very environment that has likely made many of you very wealthy. I will be doin my best to inform the motorcycle dealers, shops, vendors, etc., that I do business with and urge them to take your most recent product off of their shelves. I am sure the small profit that they would make from the sale of Crusty Demons 6 would in no way come even close to the money they stand to loose if the dunes and other recreational areas like Pismo, Dumont Dunes, Coral Pink, etc. end up being closed.Those of us that are fans of the sports, the same sports that have made you a living ask that Fleshwound Films take a more active role in promoting the "GOOD" side of our community rather than the very small percentage of our community that has no respect for authority or environment. We ask that you recognize that there is "BIG PICTURE" here that should take precidence over stupidity and perhaps in your case the desire to make a quick profit. Bottom line.. don't be a&!h#%~s and help to destroy our already limited access to Glames and other popular riding areas. I ask that you folks at Fleshwound Films use your resources to promote and preserve the ablility of EVERYONE to enjoy the off-roading activities so important to all of us..... even you!!!! Sincerely,It is a Family FREEDOM thing....Edited by - Ron @ Lazer Star on 12/26/2000 12:46:46 PM

KingGlamis

Post by KingGlamis » Tue Dec 26, 2000 10:00 pm

The following is my e-mail to Fleshwound Films. I certainly hope they listen.Jon Freeman and Dana Nicholson,It has been brought to my attention that your newest release, Crusty 6, has some very negative footage in it. Specifically, footage of people throwing beer cans at rangers at Glamis. While I haven't seen the video yet, if this is true, it is completely unacceptable, and very irresponsible on your part. In the past, my magazine, Sand Sports, has supported Fleshwound Films and the Crusty videos with favorable reviews. If what I am told is true, and I believe it is, we will no longer support you, and in fact, encourage people not to buy your videos. Why in the world would you show video coverage that will help the environmentalists to close our riding areas? We all know you make money by showing wild footage, but what is wrong with just showing wild jumping, crashing, and racing footage? That obviously sold well in the past, why do you feel the need to portray our sport so badly now? There is no doubt that you are well aware of the recent closure of 49,000 acres at Glamis, yet at the same time you put such negative content in your most recent video. What's up with that? Do you want the dunes closed? If the dunes get closed (not just Glamis, but Dumont and Pismo as well), you will lose these areas to shoot future videos. DO YOU CARE AT ALL ABOUT THIS? It certainly seems as though you don't. I'm not sure if any of you read the off-road/sand dune internet sites, but everyone is planning to boycott Crusty 6 for your disregard of the current threats to our off-roading areas. Get a clue. You are only helping the environmentalists in their fight to close ALL OF OUR RIDING AREAS!!! There are thousands of responsible duners that are extremely upset with Fleshwound Films over this issue. I suggest you re-think your next film's content with much care, or Fleshwound may very well go the way of the Hodaka motorcyle...EXTINCT! By the way, how about donating a portion of the millions you've made to the American Sand Association (ASA http://www.glamisonline.org)? They are the only hope we have right now to save Glamis. Or are you just money hungry fools that don't care about the future of our sport? I certainly hope not.Doug Dixon, Editor, Sand Sports magazineDoug DixonEditorSand Sports MagazineASA supporterKeep our dunes clean and open!http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/dunershangout

Tim Wight

Post by Tim Wight » Wed Dec 27, 2000 12:13 am

Great letters. Let us know if you get a reply and what it is.Tim WightMesa, AZ.Forum ModeratorDon't ask what the ASA can do for you, ask what you can do for the ASA!!!Dune On!Check this link out!http://responsiblerecreation.org

Tom Simrak
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Tom Simrak » Wed Dec 27, 2000 7:46 am

Doug, Thanks for your letter to Fleshwound films. If any of us are going to get somekind of reply it should be your magazine. I as a subscriber to your mag, and as a dune rider am happy to see that you are willing to add "sand Sports mag" to your posts. It gives me great faith in your mag and confirmes that I will be a long time subscriber. I spent a day in Glamis with you and Michael(photo session of P.J's and "pure additude" Sand Cars Millenium cars)and thought you guys did great work and this proves it to me. If you do get a reply from Fleshwound, I urge you to let us all know and also put it in your magazine.Thanks again for the great work.TomTurn on those LAZER STARS and enlighten everyone.http://www.sandcars.comEdited by - tom simrak on 12/27/2000 06:47:16 AM

Tom Simrak
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Tom Simrak » Fri Dec 29, 2000 8:48 am

Today I sent yet another E-mail to Vans shoes. That makes 3 from me. To date, the only reply I have recieved from them was their claim to "have no knowledge" of Fleshwound films. I would guess they are back tracking and hoping we go away. I strongly urge everyone to NOT go away. Continue to write. Write more than once and demand a reply. Maybe Doug could write something from SandSports to Vans Shoes. We need to hear what they have to say. Dont let Vans and Fleshwound get away with this.Shine your LAZER STAR LIGHTS on them and enlighten them alsohttp://www.sandcars.comEdited by - tom simrak on 12/29/2000 07:49:31 AM

EBCMIKE
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by EBCMIKE » Fri Dec 29, 2000 1:27 pm

Wanna be even more frustrated>?? The scenes in Felony Films "Glamis, what really happens!" are staged. I spoke with one of the rangers regarding these two films and they informed me that these incidentss were totally fake. While Fleshwound deserves to be boycotted, Felony needs to be closed down! These guys are costing us OUR dunes!MIKE NESCHKEhttp://www.extremebuggies.commiken@extremebugg ... lathon.com

Phaegan
1st Gear Member

Post by Phaegan » Sat Dec 30, 2000 4:48 pm

EBCMIke: are you saying that Rangers went along with the beer can throwing scene?? Please say "No"! And if they did 'agree' to be in the scene, should we be placing complaints to them as well?I find this whole "crusty" thing disturbing: no wonder the punks aka "bohemians" show up and think they can rule the dunes if this is the kind of behaviour they think is 'normal' for the Glamis. GRRRRrrrrr!!!

GlamisKat
1st Gear Member

Post by GlamisKat » Sat Dec 30, 2000 6:29 pm

Phaegan: EBC Mike was talking about another Film. "Glamis what really happens" It's not a Crusty Demon film. It's a different film company altogether.Kathie Dike

Dunepilot
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by Dunepilot » Sat Dec 30, 2000 8:33 pm

Felony Films (FF) stages their videos by inciting trouble. They bring an entire cast of unwanted characters to the dunes and encourage them to cause a scene which is then filmed. They even post on internet bulletin boards looking to "borrow" or "rent" ATVs, motorcycles, or any other type of vehicle for action scenes. I've seen the results of some of these vehicles when they are done. It is not a pretty sight; even worse if it's your machine they did it to.DunePilot

Paleale

Post by Paleale » Sun Dec 31, 2000 12:03 am

I hear the wind blowing... BOYCOTT and LETTER CAMPAIGN. Do you hear it too?Paleale SAVE GLAMIS Dune on...

Cathi
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Cathi » Sun Dec 31, 2000 1:36 pm

I sent my email to Fleshwound. I too have all the videos. I usually buy Fleshgear for my cousins and videos for Christmas- did this year too. But this type of non-sence has to stop. They can look up my name and see what a consumer in the past I have been. Told them will be switching to different gear, in the future. Way to stick together members! Cathi, Sand Cat~

Sand Commander

Post by Sand Commander » Mon Jan 08, 2001 3:38 pm

I have sent several e-mails to Vans, Black Flys and Jolt. I have only received a response from Vans claiming they have no knowledge of Fleshwound Films. I feel they are ignoring us. Has anybody received any different results?

Tom Simrak
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Tom Simrak » Mon Jan 08, 2001 4:09 pm

It appears to me that Vans and the rest don't care. I got the same reply from Vans and nothing back from the rest. I did return 2 pairs of Vans that I had planned on giving at X-mas. Last night my wife bought me a new pair of shoes...shocking, not Vans. These three companies do not care about what thet are promoting. Keep writing those letter though. Maybe someday.Shine up those LAZER STAR LIGHTS and lets enlighten everyone!http://www.sandcars.com

JustaGirl
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by JustaGirl » Mon Jan 08, 2001 9:13 pm

I received a return e-mail from Mark Howard the Producer of the Quicksand video (http://www.thrust1.com). He stated that Thrust Productions does support the efforts of the ASA and they are aware of the issues at hand.I asked him to show his support of the ASA in the form of a check. But I have not seen their name on the sponsor list yet.

sandgawd
1st Gear Member

Post by sandgawd » Wed Feb 07, 2001 6:58 pm

Wonder why we constantly lose the public relations war and why it is so easy to line forces up against us in the constant tug of war of sierra clubbers vs. off-roaders? Here is your answer. These idiots and the punks thats try to emulate what goes on in those stupid videos dismantle all the hard work all of us perform in trying to keep the dunes open. The folks that publish this crap do us as big of a disservice as the CBD itself. They must be treated accordingly.

Sand Commander

Post by Sand Commander » Wed Feb 07, 2001 8:55 pm

I e-mailed Van's, Etnies, Black Flys and Jolt informing them I was offended of their sponsorship of Fleshwound Films. The only response I received was from Van's saying they never heard of Fleshwound Films. My family went shoe shopping 2 weeks ago and I insisted on my boycott of Van's. This caused a huge scene at the shoe store. I feel the off-road community is being ignored in the Fleshwound Film boycott by these companies. What else can we do to get their attention?Dune use is not abuse!

Tom Simrak
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Tom Simrak » Thu Feb 08, 2001 11:34 am

it appears as though this topic is fading from our memories. We must keep on top of this type of mis-information. I am still waiting and writing to Vans in the hopes of getting some kind of reply. Until I do, I will continue to boycott Vans and buy my family a different brand of shoe. I strongly urge everyone to do the same.Shine up those LAZER STAR LIGHTS and lets enlighten everyone!http://www.sandcars.comEdited by - tom simrak on 02/08/2001 5:49:50 PM

Sand Commander

Post by Sand Commander » Thu Feb 08, 2001 2:35 pm

There should be 1700+ letters and e-mails already sent to these companies by now. Come on Duners! If everyone complained that has read this topic we would have the numbers to make an impact.Dune use is not abuse!

Return to “Glamis Dunes • I.S.D.R.A.”