There is a posse forming

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Dune Dragin
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

There is a posse forming

Post by Dune Dragin » Fri May 02, 2003 8:02 am

Do you love the sandhills? Are you tired of all the trash? Raise you right hand and swear in. You agree to do what ever it takes to STOP the littering? You are a part of the posse. Proud folks that aint gonna take it no more. United we stand.
:twisted: Toss your trash? You've just become PUBLIC enemy #1
Have Fun, Be Safe

TXduneripper
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

TRASH !!!

Post by TXduneripper » Tue May 06, 2003 11:04 am

Oh you know I most certainly agree with this sort of attitude- but what I want to know is if we will have more participants in the cleanup this year? Last year I went out and solicited business' to donate to a cleanup- something that had never before been done. Though we picked up a LOT of trash- it is never enough...from that busy weekend of duners....there were only about 20-30 people who went out in the dunes and picked up the trash. The parking lot also got a cleanup. People keep asking me if I am going to do the cleanup again...and I am sure I will...but honestly I do not feel that it should be one person's responsibilty to organize and solicit for donations. There are many people that ride out there that have better contacts with certain business that would have a lot more "clout" at getting donations. I have mentioned before about forming an organization and best I can recall Dune Dragin you were not for that one bit...lol I still must agree to disagree with you....Power in numbers. There are many things an organization can do for whatever cause they are supporting. I still haven't gotten the information I need to actually form the organization but that will come.

Also another little bit of info...apparently the lease is up on the sandhills this June or July- it is a 20 year lease and it is leased to Winkler Co by a group of different individuals...I wonder if the lease will be renewed like it is or if there will be changes on the way...regardless- it would help for this group of people to see that there are individuals that care about the condition of our sandhills and that we appreciate them leaving it there- open and FREE for our use.

SO everyone get ready to help on the cleanup! If you have any suggestions, lets hear them... I am REALLY interested in having a sandrake contest....and this year...for the raffle items...there WILL BE a seperate kids raffle and there will be limitations on the amount of items you are allowed to win. Live and learn, eh?

I also want to quickly say thank you to the sheriff (name unknown) that came out and asked the group of trash throwers to pick up their trash and get the HELL OUT!!!! Our group really appreciated his willingness to come out and speak to this bunch of LOSERS!!!!

Dune Dragin
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Dune Dragin » Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:06 pm

:roll:
Have Fun, Be Safe

TXduneripper
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by TXduneripper » Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:24 pm

my sentiments EXACTLY!

THE BOMB
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

CLEAN IT UP!

Post by THE BOMB » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:30 am

Everyone should help out TXDUNERIPPER, don't make THE BOMB bring his West Coast posse!! :twisted: At Dumont we pull together and do it right (brings tears to my eyes!) :cry: :wink: :D
V8Rail Long Travel

"Don't fear the razor"
"If your engine is not in front-then you're
getting it from behind"
Friends of Dumont

TXduneripper
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by TXduneripper » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:16 pm

Thanks Bomb!

Return to “Kermit Dunes”