Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Glamis invaded by WiFi?

Post by RAD4EVER » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:14 pm

Didn't bother to ask why it was so quite during the Halloween Weekend after dinner time? Thought it was just low attendance and left it at that!
For Thanksgiving Weekend, I know it wasn't my imagination early morning and late evening was just way too quite considering how active the Now Generation was last year at the same hour?
Has WiFi has made it appearance big time?
Weird how there wasn't much in the way of quads and bikes starting up at six in the morning and lighter then usual motor traffic after dinner time?
Now....does anyone know how wide WiFi band covers Glamis?
Wash 2 campsite near the sand berms, between 10pm till an hour after sunup...very little startup sounds?
Weird?
R4E

jhitesma
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Glamis invaded by WiFi?

Post by jhitesma » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:22 am

I know at Gordon's well the issue is more that if you leave camp after 10 the chances of being pulled over seem to go up astronomically just because you're now an easy target.

Even the crowd around our campfire was next to nothing Saturday night due to the ICSO's behavior in our camp on Friday. I'm sure the wind played a bit of a part...but even after the wind died down and left us with a pleasant evening the majority of our camp stayed hidden in their tents/trailers/RV's out of fear of being threatened with citations for....well, I honestly can't say what for since asking why we were being contacted on Friday was what set of the officer and resulted in him threatening us with citations in the first place.

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Re: Glamis invaded by WiFi?

Post by RAD4EVER » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:27 pm

jhitesma wrote:I know at Gordon's well the issue is more that if you leave camp after 10 the chances of being pulled over seem to go up astronomically just because you're now an easy target.

Even the crowd around our campfire was next to nothing Saturday night due to the ICSO's behavior in our camp on Friday. I'm sure the wind played a bit of a part...but even after the wind died down and left us with a pleasant evening the majority of our camp stayed hidden in their tents/trailers/RV's out of fear of being threatened with citations for....well, I honestly can't say what for since asking why we were being contacted on Friday was what set of the officer and resulted in him threatening us with citations in the first place.
Knowing how I just love "Badges"..I read your account of what happened during a campfire incident?
Welcome to my world of not taking walks after dinner in my part of town!
First, the guy was wrong..period! Having to excert his authority without having to consider those who witness such behavior really doen't bode well for fellow officers? Which right or worng, have to back his foolish lost of sensiabilies?
I concure with less than busy morning and evenings by those who have just plane parked their rides and hang out at the camp that have lead to "Hallmark" moments.
Sorry to say as one who has experianced "Heavy Badges", going to the top....waste of time! Go to the civilian authorities which have "Over-Sight"! Then watch how things change! May get some flack for the next few months, but should straighten out some of out of control LEO's somewhat!
The worst thing I witness was the paintball shooting of folks who didn't clear out of Olds in a timely matter? One of the younger men in out camp was a guest being that he came down from Washington State U. for the weekend. Good Kid.
Went home with two nasty welts pasted on his back! Haven't seem him since?
Again...very strange how peaceful is during the evenings?
Later,
MadRad

Return to “Dune Safety • Survival • Camping”