Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by RAD4EVER » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:53 pm

Woodglue wrote:
RAD4EVER, for just such an occasion, it's cool to have some ASA Checker bags or at least ASA Safty DVD's in your rig. Walk over and give them one and chat it up about the ASA for a bit. BTW, are you an ASA Member Rad?
First of all, just could imagine myself going to their campsite and start preaching the "Sand Lovers Do and Don't" regarding their educational systems failed attempt of recognizing Newtons Law of "How the Earths Sucks Hard"?
Especially my using the fine art of short terse descriptives? Most likely, I'll have to walk out of their camp back-stepping!
I follow a Liberal form of "The Code of the West"!
"If it's not bothering you....let God fret and pick up the pieces"!
Wood, sounds like a invite concerning ASA membership?
To be honest, I've been shown the door by every organization joined, the past 30 years?
Guess they didn't dig my type of politics? How gay is that?
Let me thunk on it.
RAD4EVER

Kevlar
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Kevlar » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:26 pm

Rad, are you also known as Blackballed on some other forums?

Sandcock
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Post by Sandcock » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:05 am

The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:34 am

Kevlar wrote:Rad, are you also known as Blackballed on some other forums?
Good morning Kevlar,
Last years RattleSnake Canyon pictures looks like you folks had a great time. Friendly group snaking along grade 3 (?) trails. Tight donuts laid out in neat patterns. Cool!
Must've been a great high, snapping images of "Gods Country"!
Thanks for sharing.
As for "BlackBalled" in other forums?
Only from cantankerous snot slinging members gathering (Trolling) at the water hole!
Have a nice day,
RAD
Last edited by RAD4EVER on Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rekd
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member

Post by Rekd » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:08 am

the_fog wrote:First of all Mr. Rekd, if you're going to take a jab at stirring the pot then don't use the gay little wink emoticon. Plus I dont think your five year old thinks about safety as much as you think he does, second of all who are these certain people? I would say maybe Jake touched a nerve with you.

Oh yea, Sandy we dont share a computer. But thats funny.
I see I'm not the only one who gets offended when someone makes such an absurdly broad statement about the mental state or capacity of one and/or one's family. :wink:

And I see you know what me and my kids think about and how much we think about it. 8)

I can barely sit down and watch him ride more than a lap without him stopping to talk to me about things he went through and/or learned on the previous lap like "Dad! This time I didn't touch the branches AND missed that hole Gordon dug" or "Dad! I leaned over a little more and I could feel it staying down better"

:lol: :lol:
What's in your sippy cup?
___□__ □
[l_,[____],
l---L - OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)--)_)

ATVs /Offroading at About.com

JakeTheRake
3rd Gear Member
3rd Gear Member

Post by JakeTheRake » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:51 am

Rekd wrote: I see I'm not the only one who gets offended when someone makes such an absurdly broad statement about the mental state or capacity of one and/or one's family. :wink:
Its obvious to most people reading this that I had no intention of calling you "stupid" as you claim that I have. However, it seems that this title might not be all that innacurate. :wink:
Jake Brittain
Fallbrook

'06 YFZ450 SE

the_fog
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by the_fog » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:54 am

I didn't think what he said was that absurd, I see to many people using rhinos, & golf carts as babysitters. We all know not all parents do this, but I see it often.

Rekd

Post by Rekd » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:19 am

JakeTheRake wrote:Its obvious to most people reading this that I had no intention of calling you "stupid" as you claim that I have. However, it seems that this title might not be all that innacurate. :wink:
No, you're right. You didn't intend to call me stupid. You simply treated me like I was stupid and couldn't read. Perhaps my grasp of the English language isn't all it's cracked up to be.
JakeTheRake wrote:Its hard for parents to teach their kids about safety when they don't know anything themselves.
You didn't resort to the indirect name-calling until later. Very 3rd gradish of you. :wink:
I had no intention of calling you "stupid" as you claim that I have. However, it seems that this title might not be all that innacurate.
___□__ □
[l_,[____],
l---L - OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Sandcock

Post by Sandcock » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:31 am

The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

crash

Post by crash » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:34 am

Sandcock wrote:Image
This should be popcorn. It only works about half the time.

When are we gonna get one of these added to our choices of emotis?

Stupid is as stupid does. :wink:

Sometimes stupid parents do smart things, and sometimes smart parents do stupid things. :lol: It happens!

Please don't construe these comments as me participating in this dust up in anyway. Just making some observations. Hey Sandy, I'm almost out of popcorn!

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:45 pm

crash wrote:
Sandcock wrote:Image
This should be popcorn. It only works about half the time.

When are we gonna get one of these added to our choices of emotis?

Stupid is as stupid does. :wink:

Sometimes stupid parents do smart things, and sometimes smart parents do stupid things. :lol: It happens!

Please don't construe these comments as me participating in this dust up in anyway. Just making some observations. Hey Sandy, I'm almost out of popcorn!
Tried and died responding to Sand's popcorn emo?
Just putting it there without one letter typed out?
Laugh so hard, coffee ended upped on my jammies!
Stupid is as stupid does?
Hmmm........yes, like that one!
Leave them in the dust,
RAD4EVER

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:28 am

the_fog wrote:I didn't think what he said was that absurd, I see to many people using rhinos, & golf carts as babysitters. We all know not all parents do this, but I see it often.
Fog,
I've posted this item in another section, but I later realized I should have post here!
Feel like a RAD-RAT, but, I know it will be important continuing this Topic Line.
So here goes......
After talking to my nephew last night over a couple of beers. I asked how the Dumont outing go? After my one to his three bottles of beer, he went on about one of the campers was feeling antsy and wanting to take the Rhino early, it being 4am? Told the guy "Sure" and followed upped stating "Are you sober(???) enough to Drive....don't want you to get a DUI!" Guy told him "Good to go"!
Nephew related to me how the Rhino had all the tricks done to it...custom suspension, MegaAmpBoomBox, custom graphics,BlingWheels/KillerTires, double lighted PimpWhips, Artsy painted flags and so on? Yes, the guy is a Millionaire?
They hit the trails, and by the time they returned to camp, had rolled half dozen time plus got caught teetering over a cliff, both got out and let it tumble down in a small wedged hillside? Battered Rhino was still in running condition after pulled out by them and group of riders.
The only thing left, was how the guy was going to explain trashing his Wife's New Rhino?
RAD

the_fog
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by the_fog » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:27 pm

Wow! the guy sounds like a brain surgeon. How did his wife take the news? Or should I say xwife.

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:04 am

the_fog wrote:Wow! the guy sounds like a brain surgeon. How did his wife take the news? Or should I say xwife.
Good morning FOG,
I could to the "Irish" and pay out the "XWife" with a dash of "Blarney", but, I'll save it when I go to "O'Brians" where I'm a "Irish" for a couple of hours :wink:
What really amazed me, they being seasoned offroaders, how did they manage to jack upped the side by side in so short of time? Nephew with a ton of years of sand and dirt. Zillion$-AirHead going on third Pimp-O-Rail couldn't control a upgraded super suspension UTV?
Not knowing what Dumont is all about concerning the layout of the land....sand, dirt, rock and cliffs?
What tire pressure would best be used in "Multi-Task" environment?
My question is: Do UTV's really belong in Dumont?
Have a fun Saint Patrick's Day,
RAD4Ever.....FightingIrish42Day :twisted:

Rekd

Post by Rekd » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:31 am

RAD4EVER wrote:My question is: Do UTV's really belong in Dumont?
If you don't want them there, don't take them there.

If you're trying to advocate that we should "ban" them from someplace, well, lets just say why don't you guess which finger I'm holding up behind my back. (Hint: It's NOT my thumb.)

:roll: :roll:
___□__ □
[l_,[____],
l---L - OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)--)_)

crash

Post by crash » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:46 am

Um.....what happened to WGs comment?

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:58 am

crash wrote:Um.....what happened to WGs comment?
Morning Crash,
Guilty....that I am!
Don't as yet know how to grab someone else's post when I (Yuk!!) copied and pasted my quote to this Topic.
The gist of his response in which I concurred, the guy(s) was an IDIOT!
RAD

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:15 am

Rekd wrote:

If you're trying to advocate that we should "ban" them from someplace, well, lets just say why don't you guess which finger I'm holding up behind my back. (Hint: It's NOT my thumb.)

Sir,
Thought my critique in which a pair of seasoned Offroaders trashing a Rhino was humorous in that in the end, a pair of dummies had to fess upped to a Go-Large angry wife?
Less I forget, there are others who will caution me to tread lightly, your simple understanding of the spoken word, would be hard press to satisfy?
As for what appendage is being displaying behind your back?
None would know, since the whole is buried to the wrist?
Forever your foil,
RAD :twisted:

Rekd

Post by Rekd » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:23 am

RAD4EVER wrote:
Rekd wrote:

Sir,
Thought my critique in which a pair of seasoned Offroaders trashing a Rhino was humorous in that in the end, a pair of dummies had to fess upped to a Go-Large angry wife?
Less I forget, there are others who will caution me to tread lightly, your simple understanding of the spoken word, would be hard press to satisfy?
Forever your foil,
Um, what?

English please. I'm certainly not qualified to understand what ever "language" it is that you're speaking. :roll:
___□__ □
[l_,[____],
l---L - OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)--)_)

crash

Post by crash » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:29 am

(popcorn)

(He's saying he was trying to be amusing with his tale of a destroyed wife's ride, and that you aren't understanding what he is saying, that he wasn't asking for a ban on UTV's(although that's how I took it too) and that you are fisting your backside so there is no way he would be able to tell what finger you are holding up)

I'm starting to speak RAD. :lol: :roll: :shock: :sick:

(refilling my popcorn bucket)

Rekd

Post by Rekd » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:42 am

crash wrote:(popcorn)

(He's saying he was trying to be amusing with his tale of a destroyed wife's ride, and that you aren't understanding what he is saying, that he wasn't asking for a ban on UTV's(although that's how I took it too) and that you are fisting your backside so there is no way he would be able to tell what finger you are holding up)

Oh, I get it now. I guess when you can't converse in normal sentences and paragraphs, one must pick phrases at random, often skewing the intended message. Thanks. I don't know whether to congratulate you for understanding that cra... err, "language" or to sympathize for you. :wink:
___□__ □
[l_,[____],
l---L - OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)--)_)

jhitesma

Post by jhitesma » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:22 am

I read it as "Hey it's St. Patricks day and I figured out how to override the breathalyser interlock on my keyboard" But I could be wrong.

Grumpy Wookiee
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Grumpy Wookiee » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:29 am

If you read Shakespeare or middle english, it is more understandable. I had to take a semester of early european lit in order to understand Rad's prose. Fun to read, yes :!: Necessary... :?: :?:

ImageImage

Crash, no need to refill, here's one of mine...Image
"The Grumpy Wookiee"

crash

Post by crash » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:09 pm

Um......did you notice this :sick: ? It wasn't exactly a standard issue refill. :shock: :lol:

Grumpy Wookiee
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Grumpy Wookiee » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:32 pm

Oh thats naaaasssttyyyy!
"The Grumpy Wookiee"

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:08 pm

Rekd wrote:
RAD4EVER wrote:
Rekd wrote: If you don't want them there, don't take them there.

Sir,
Forever your foil,
Um, what?

English please. I'm certainly not qualified to understand what ever "language" it is that you're speaking. :roll:
Sir,
History has shown that your adherence to basic understanding of the written word stands be your obvious shortcomings. Your blind refusal to “take to heart” concerning correspondence with those whom I believe are your peers, have in part led them to retort with well-earned scorn. Painfully, I myself have in the past observed such petulant behavior in your actions, in which reminds one of a popular movie site, in whereas FanBoyz who in a “Panty Twist”…resort to snippy controlling English 101 tactics, latent stupidities.... really does come to mind. At times, rarely humorous, mostly, just boring.
Yet, I have shown you respect, to which, at present time, I haven’t received in kind?
But, alas……your continuance to be the “Straw” to my “Blade” will more a value to my aging digits, than ego!
Forever your Foil,
RAD4Ever

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Re:

Post by RAD4EVER » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:56 am

Crash,
Just catching upped with some of my posts. Been rather busy lately.
Your slant on my post is spot on.
The answer: The two Rhino-Crashers should be banned form Dumont.
As for the Rhino in question; It's been rebuilt like new.
List of items:
New tires and rims.
New skins.
New roll cage.
New bumpers.
Girly Paint job.
Graphics.
Pair of Elecro-Pimp-Whips.
I would imagined a new set of divorce papers, ready to be signed if husband touched her ride ever again :oops:
Later,
RAD

Rekd

Re: UTV's now the greatest danger at the "Wash Campgrounds&

Post by Rekd » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:21 am

Are you this annoying in person? :roll:
___□__ □
[l_,[____],
l---L - OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)--)_)

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Re: Re:

Post by RAD4EVER » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:06 pm

RAD4EVER wrote:

Crash,
Just catching upped with some of my posts. Been rather busy lately.
Your slant on my post is spot on.
The answer: The two Rhino-Crashers should be banned form Dumont.
As for the Rhino in question; It's been rebuilt like new.
List of items:
New tires and rims.
New skins.
New roll cage.
New bumpers.
Girly Paint job.
Graphics.
Pair of Elecro-Pimp-Whips.
I would imagined a new set of divorce papers, ready to be signed if husband touched her ride ever again :oops:
Later,
RAD
Thought I add another item to list: Millionaires Wife had the shop install custom suspension which included wider stance and hardened axle's!
My guess....making sure the Rhino is set upped right for the occasional trip to the mall?
R4E
Edited 4-18-08
PS:I can't believe it........nephew told me that the lady's husband just bought and had his Razor upgraded for sound and suspension without care of cost? Paid one of his workers to drive his 1 Ton & Razor loaded trailer to Utah, while he's driving "A" class hooked up to his trailered Sandrail and wifes Rhino.
I guess "Jealous" is the word :cry:

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:19 am

How do we educate Parents about not letting their children operate side by sides if they are underage?
Not to mention them giving them rides in back of their quads?
We witness one guy draw a ticket from a Ranger as we were leaving Glamis, him having a child on back of his quad going up and down the berms.
Back to the Parents.....like one of the members suggested, I asked the grown-ups not allow the kids to drive and they turned their backs on me?
Huh?
They had to notice the three crosses coming into Glamis near wash three? Wife left silk flowers in the buckets.
Parents in denial.....sad.
RAD
PS:I did notice the Rangers take care of business concerning passes, outdated tags, booze and mayhem more so than any other time! Good for them!
Post PS:Wife and I walked the wash we camp at picking up trash and caution tapes. Filled upped two bags. Not complaining, just a stretch of the legs before leaving. Left a stack of logs for the next campers and hope they enjoyed their campfire.

HSSC
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by HSSC » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:05 pm

Just tell the parents using these side by sides to "baby sit their kids", to drop their kids off at the ranger station.

The rangers can raise our kids better than we can anyway.

They care more and are much more imformed about the dangers that are out there that could put our kids in jeopardy.

Instead of "Father Knows Best" we can call it "GOVERNMENT KNOWS BEST", starring the "O".
Public lands are for public use.
Ken & family
Mt. Rose HWY,Reno NV.

Astro
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by Astro » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:44 pm

UTV's aren't the problem :shock: UTV's are the symptom of the problem :idea: Most parents try to keep an eye on thier kids :) , some need peer presure to remind them to take care of thier kids :oops: , & some need the law the punish them for not taking care of thier kids :evil:

Lack of parental supervision as well as operating under the influence issues are @ the heart of most of these ATV, Golf Cart, UTV, Buggy, Jeep & Truck problems just like they always have been :!: If you take out all the statistics from unsupervised children, children operating inappropriate sized machines, & operating under the influence we would have a lot more fun toys & they would cost less to buy :x

I don't think you'll find many of the need the law to punish them on this BBS =D> It's a little like preaching to the chior ASA's a pretty good group, but we can try to help others do better in a friendly way :wink:

I'm not perfect & the kids give me the BUT DAD once in a while, because they can't ride: alone, double, without a helmet, etc... We just do our best :)

Astro 8)
"Just Ride!"

DuneRookie
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by DuneRookie » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:11 pm

Astro wrote:I'm not perfect & the kids give me the BUT DAD once in a while, because they can't ride: alone, double, without a helmet, etc... We just do our best :) Astro 8)
And that is called being a responsible parent!! =D> =D>

candiosuna
1st Gear Member

Post by candiosuna » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:51 pm

Yes there is a danger but there is no law, I have already checked into it, it is up to the parents of those children racing through other peoples camps to supervise them, I supervise my children while they are driving our rhino, my children do not drive it with out my supervision, so it is all about the supervision if the children dont care why should the parents, but guarantee if a child comes screaming through my camp you better believe I will be going and talking to their parents, Supervise em.

Woodglue

Post by Woodglue » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:46 pm

Welcome to the board candiosuna! :wink:

I think your statement of "supervise em" is right on the money!

I don't know if it's the location of my camp or what, but it seems to me that the issue of unsupervised kids SidXSide riding in camp is becomming smaller now.

Thoughts? :?
My Avatar is BLM's DRAMP Proposed OHV Access under Alt #3.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

MattV

Post by MattV » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm

You may be right, Woodglue. I didn't see much of it over Veteran's Day. People actually seemed pretty well behaved for the most part.
Water is just beer that hasn't reached its full potential.

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:01 am

Well, this outing I didn't see one Side by Side driven by a youngster?
Could it have been a new surge in educating the adults or something more evident like a ton of Law Enforcement spread out all over the Glamis site?
What a great job they did curbing the excess boozing, ticketing tightwad non-registered off roaders and those who for some lame reason refuse to buy a weeks pass?
Seems the Rangers did a banged upped job for the Thanksgiving Weekend?
Later,
RAD

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:40 am

Well, it's not just at campgrounds side by sides get in trouble? Some ninny tried to get the rented golf cart around some players and not knowing the gravity sucks, tipped over? It happened in a LA County Public course. One of my relatives lives across the course where it happened. Man was jumping a screaming at the course operator in a language I couldn't understand. But the guys voice sure did carry a long distance :shock:
My goodness...such language :lol:
RAD 8)

RAD4EVER
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by RAD4EVER » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:32 am

Having missed TG couple of years, amazed how many SxS's! Glad Valerie and I made it this year. We Will be leaving tomorrow and hope to make it back 4 Christmas & NY's Week? R4E

Return to “Dune Safety • Survival • Camping”