Merchandise Inventory Party - Nov 15, 2008

Issues Related To Volunteers, Membership Organization.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Woodglue
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Merchandise Inventory Party - Nov 15, 2008

Post by Woodglue » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:37 pm

Another opportunity to support the ASA!

From time to time, we need to reorganize our Store Inventory [shirts, hats, stickers, flags, etc]. This enables us to better know what we have and what we need more of, in addition to making us better organized for our shows and events.

The inventory party is scheduled to start at 9:00am on Saturday November 15.
It will be held at the ASA West Coast Merchandise Distribution Hub [a.k.a Jones Electric Corp.]
16392 Gothard Street, Suite A
Huntington Beach, CA 92647

Drinks and Lunch will be provided.
A reward will be given to each volunteer!

We need at least 20 volunteers for this! So please, step up where you can! =D>
My Avatar is BLM's DRAMP Proposed OHV Access under Alt #3.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Merchandise Inventory Party - Nov 15, 2008

Post by Sloppyduner » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:33 pm

WOO HOOO Sounds like a SSSS after party. I was just thinking the other day how cool the SSSS was, and I wish I could hang around more of you ASA peeps. This sounds like the PERFECT fix. \:D/

I'm drag'n chuk down there from the IE that leaves two seats in my ride. Holler up if you wanna ride.

....and at the end of that light there is another tunnel

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:14 am

Really? Nobody? Free Pizza and "a gift"? :-s

ChuckZilla
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by ChuckZilla » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:43 pm

Sloppyduner wrote:Really? Nobody? Free Pizza and "a gift"? :-s

Ok so I've agreed to lend a hand once, if I agree again can I collect twice as much pizza and a second gift? See ya'll there.
ASA
CORVA
SDORC
Never ride alone
GPS, money well spent
If you leave trash, you are trash

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:42 pm

For asking such an odd question you now only get half the pizza you would normally get...but since your agreeing twice I guess, ya! You do get twice as much. :-s

In other words you get the same amount, so don't go agreeing again [-X :D

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:23 am

WEEEEE Inventory party in V-force day. If I only got Cookie Party on my TV it would be the perfect day.

See ya'll there, except for Chuk who I will see here, because I'm taking him there.

Why do I write these things out...in public? :-s

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:17 pm

A big part of fund-raising for the ASA is our merchandise. As any of you who has stopped by our booth at the Sand Sports Super Show know we have many lines of T-shirts in sizes from toddlers to the biggest person who could fit on a quad or in a buggy.

At least once a year we need to inventory all our merchandise. For years now Bill Jones the chairman of the ASA Board Of Directors has lent us space at his warehouse. Flo Haynes, the very first JRS award recipient, has been in charge of our merchandise since the inception. This year they put the call out not only to count the inventory but to impalement the new bin system.

Flo knew from past years that we would need a lot of people to get this done in one day. So the word went out, and at 8:30 Saturday morning Jones Electric started filling with eager volunteers. Each pulling into the parking lot, now strewn with boxes empty and full and looking into the door where we were starting to work. You could tell by the looks on their faces that they knew WE knew why they were there. Most had an idea of what they might be getting themselfs into, others had no idea. Only the tall guy in the Red pick up turned around and screeched back out of the drive way. I knew Justin, and I knew once he thought about it he would be back, and back he came, followed by others.

By 9:30 we were on our way with a plan, lead by Flo and Bill. More and more people started showing up and a rhythm had developed and boxes started becoming empty, getting, broken down and thrown into the empty box pile. And the new bins were filling with shirts...And we started smelling smoke.

By 10:30 we all thought the smoke was getting worse but the pile of boxes was getting smaller so we kept working. Soon we reached what looked to be the half way point. This made us sad so we slowed down. Well I did any way.

I mean com’on, Little Ryan, was so much fun helping, letting me know that a box could give me a paper cut, and Drew kept missing the child with the empties. Ryan had a good fort going, Chuck tottaly took over the placement of the new bins, Flo was just trying to keep up, Brittany my daughter just wanted me to shut up, Bill was frantically going though sweat shirts. That man can fold I tell you what. Justin and Drew kept finding “dirty” sweatshirts. “Hey if they’re dirty we cant sell em and maybe they will give some to us” was a plan we soon busted. Problem was these guys are HUGE and none of the sweat shirts would fit em any way.
Chris an Kendra now they scared everybody. They kept to themselfs and worked their butts off. Poor Jerry did the best he could do, but I still think working under the table to was a wise move. I don’t think Justin or Drew was able to hit him once with a Sharpie. Not for lack of trying though. Jerry was nice enough to toss the Sharpie back to us, and we were thankful for that.

11:30 brought us to a point where we saw the light at the end of the tunnel even though the smoke from the fire was blocking the Sun. Bill called for lunch and, in my opinion made a bone headed move. Having my daughter take the lunch order. Shes a great girl but I knew from living with her that this WAS NOT going to end pretty. Bill topped it off by giving her money. That reminds me, Ahh yes I just doubled checked and Brittany DID give Bill his change. Any way most of the food order was right, ans we relaxed in the office and enjoyed Burgers from a king. :roll:

1:00PM: After a quick lunch break we returned to the work area. Man was it smokey now. With a tenth of the work left ahead of us we knocked it out as quickly as we could. You know how they say time flys when your having fun? In what seemed like 20 minutes we had everything counted and in bins, tables were folded up and put away, The floor was swept, and all the boxes were cut and piled up. All was done and it was 2:30. WOW where did the time go?

Most left after words. Bill, Chuck, and myself stayed around playing darts till the wee hours of Sunday morning. The important thing was we got er done. A funny thing happens when ASA volunteers get together. Stuff gets done. It gets done quickly. It gets done right. And everybody has fun.

In fact I had so much fun just thinking about it I rambled on here and lost track of what I was going to say... which was, If you like the “hanging out” part of going to the dunes, then next time someone asks you to come volunteer you really should. It’s a hoot.

Once again a huge heartfelt thank you, in no special order, goes out to Drew Hove, Chris Dooley, Jerry Appleget, Justin Bucci, Flo Haynes, Brittany Pergl, Chuck Moore, and Ryan Dooley. Its not easy finding volunteers who will come give the better part of their Saturday, during dune season, to go to a warehouse to count and fold shirts.

Thank you very much from the bottom of our sandy hearts.

The pile looks small but it took Chuck and I ten minutes to find Bill in there.

See that open box with the red tape on it in on the left? Thats where we found Bill.

The rack in the foreground is the new system we impimented. The shelfs behind that was status quo up until Saturday. THANK GOD we did what we did.

Jerry (before he hid under the table) The back of Chris' head, Flo, and Brittany What a beautiful day. a bit windy but perfect weather otherwise.
Justin, Drew, Jerry, Chris, Kendra, Flo
Ryan and Brittany on Box Control.
A dark cloud hanging over the ASA not unlike the CBD just made us work harder and faster.
And look theres Bill. It was hard to get a good shot of him he was working so hard.

It was great to meet all the new people that showed up and it was great to see old friends again. You know how it is at camp, You know how you only seem to see those people at the dunes? Well volunteer at an ASA event and see them more often. \:D/ \:D/

I need to add aditional thank to Nannette and Brian Shallcross for coming out to Chino on a Wednsday night to help count ALL the contents of the California Event trailer. =D> =D> =D>

ASA volunteers RULE!!!

Glamisbound
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member

Post by Glamisbound » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:05 am

Don't be so modest :oops: One more thank you to...Jon Pergl himself.
GLAMISBOUND
Walking the gap...All give some, some give all!!

36' HR Endeavor Diesel Pusher, 330 Caterpillar
2007 Potter Productions Dual Sport with a Redline LS1 and Mendi 2D
'02 yz 426
'04 crf 50
50 cc quads for the little groms

Sand Commander
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member

Post by Sand Commander » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:39 pm

I just want to thank all the volunteers who donated their valuable time to help the ASA.
It was a lot of work, but with such great people helping it was fun.

Sloppyduner- I think you captured the mood of the "party"

Dune often and dune safe
See you in the sand
Bill Jones
Apathy is the greatest danger to our freedom.
If you give in to fear and pain, there are thrills you will never know- North Dallas Forty
Government by the people has now been replaced by Government verses the people
The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter- Winston Churchill

ChuckZilla
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by ChuckZilla » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:55 pm

Great to work all the regulars again and big thanks to the new faces (sorry can't remember all the names right now), see you all at the next ASA gig, or maybe even someday in the sand.
ASA
CORVA
SDORC
Never ride alone
GPS, money well spent
If you leave trash, you are trash

Woodglue
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by Woodglue » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:59 pm

Very good Jon!
I'm glad to see it went so well, make me regret not being there myself.

To all the Volunteers, THANK YOU! =D>
My Avatar is BLM's DRAMP Proposed OHV Access under Alt #3.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

Return to “ASA Membership / Volunteer Organization”