Reviewing options for moving forward without this BBS

No fences. Non area specific. General discussion forum.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Woodglue
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Reviewing options for moving forward without this BBS

Post by Woodglue » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:56 pm

Times are hard. For you, me and everyone. The ASA inclusive.
The BBS Admin team is currently considering implementation of one option from a pallet of many in regards to how we will move forward with the future of our BBS. The options range from to keeping this bbs afloat in it’s current state to limiting the number of posts permitted per day, to closing 84% of the forums we currently have.

There will be an opportunity for your input.
Next Monday, we plan to publish a link to the location where all of these options can be reviewed and commented upon.
All comments must submitted to the BBS Admin by Friday, April16 and the changes will be implemented no later than Friday, April23.

We’re really sorry to bring it to this, but we simply have no other option in these times of hardship.
My Avatar is BLM's DRAMP Proposed OHV Access under Alt #3.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

Woodglue

Re: Reviewing options for moving forward without this BBS

Post by Woodglue » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:00 pm

None of what I posted above is true. Kind of an April fools joke. But, wouldn’t that suck! We are a community here. We have friends and events that come from here.

It’s all oddly similar to the issue of the Draft Recreation Area Management Plan that was released by the BLM last week. 8 options, all proposed by the BLM, ranging from everything open (with Wind & Solar Industry given access to everything) to much of everything closed.

:idea: How can this bbs justify having a Wide Open Sand forum, if there is no 'Wide Open Sand' in the ISDRA?

People on this bbs are beginning to get involved, but we need more.

Please provide your comments to the BLM, and keep the dunes open.
Click to get involved
My Avatar is BLM's DRAMP Proposed OHV Access under Alt #3.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

ChuckZilla
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by ChuckZilla » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:48 pm

Woodglue I applaud your enthusiasm to get attention for the DRAMP comments, you are doing a fine job my friend. You really are. The ASA could really use a guy like you as a supporting member, give it some thought. See you at the next Night Ride.
ASA
CORVA
SDORC
Never ride alone
GPS, money well spent
If you leave trash, you are trash

Poiks
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Poiks » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:42 pm

Woodglue wrote:None of what I posted above is true. Kind of an April fools joke. But, wouldn’t that suck! We are a community here. We have friends and events that come from here.
Dude...my first visit in months and you freaked me out...I totally believed it.

I popped in wondering if any duners experienced the baja quake (and saw a cool video). I also keep wondering if anything has changed out there, if the central closure is still a closure, etc. Don't mean to be a lightening rod; I still miss the dunes and hope to get out there someday. With real-estate and gas prices the way they are, I'm not all that optimistic.

Cheers.

Washroad
ASA Chapters Chair • SSSS Chair
ASA Chapters Chair • SSSS Chair

Post by Washroad » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:53 am

Poiks wrote:
Woodglue wrote:None of what I posted above is true. Kind of an April fools joke. But, wouldn’t that suck! We are a community here. We have friends and events that come from here.
Dude...my first visit in months and you freaked me out...I totally believed it.

I popped in wondering if any duners experienced the baja quake (and saw a cool video). I also keep wondering if anything has changed out there, if the central closure is still a closure, etc. Don't mean to be a lightening rod; I still miss the dunes and hope to get out there someday. With real-estate and gas prices the way they are, I'm not all that optimistic.

Cheers.
I was studying with my wife in the kitchen when the quake hit. We stood in the front door and watched the 60+ ft. palm tree out front sway around.

Yeah, the closures are still in effect. The new DRAMP is out if you would like to read it and comment.

There is a new "washroad" since the UPRR decided to take theirs back, and it's nicer than theirs!

Try looking for a house in Lancaster/Palmdale. Great prices right now.
Brian
ex-SSSS Coordinator
aSa Supporting Member and VERY PROUD OF IT!!!
2007 Jerry R. Seaver Award
"Facts don't enter a world dominated by our beliefs." Proust
The whole "point" of life is that there is no "point." There's just life.
"Never miss an opportunity to shut up." Will Rogers

Return to “Wide Open Sand”