Land for sale adjacent to Cadiz Dunes Wilderness - eBay

No fences. Non area specific. General discussion forum.

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Crowdog
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Land for sale adjacent to Cadiz Dunes Wilderness - eBay

Post by Crowdog » Thu May 17, 2007 11:04 am

60 acres near Cadiz Dunes

This land appears to be adjacent to the Wilderness area. From what I have researched, there is actually private land holdings within the Wilderness area. I'd love to pick up some of that and raise a stink about acess. :idea:

crash

Post by crash » Thu May 17, 2007 11:42 am

They don't give a crap about access. The ONLY thing that MAY be good for is to trade to the gov if they are willing to do so at some point. I have been involved with doing this previously on relatively large chunks of land. They MAY be willing to trade islands of yours for islands of theirs if it makes general sense. So unless you own substantial amounts of adjacent land, it's virtually worthless. :cry:

Crowdog

Post by Crowdog » Thu May 17, 2007 11:52 am

crash wrote:They don't give a crap about access. The ONLY thing that MAY be good for is to trade to the gov if they are willing to do so at some point. I have been involved with doing this previously on relatively large chunks of land. They MAY be willing to trade islands of yours for islands of theirs if it makes general sense. So unless you own substantial amounts of adjacent land, it's virtually worthless. :cry:
I would use it politically. Make a point to representatives that they created a Wilderness area without doing research and in the process did me harm.

I would also make sure I had access to my property (through the Wilderness area) so I could ride my off-road vehicles vehicles. 8)

crash

Post by crash » Thu May 17, 2007 12:18 pm

It's a free country. Do what you want. Just letting you know my experiences with this type of thing.

BTW- I believe that if you acquired the land AFTER the wilderness designation and you try to prove "harm" , etc. the gov will, in essence, laugh you right out the court room doors, but good luck with that. :wink:

Return to “Wide Open Sand”