Fuel Prices along the Way to SA

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Post Reply
OBSESSED
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Posts: 5566
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2000 8:17 am
Please enter the middle number: 5
Location: Sand City, USA
Contact:

Fuel Prices along the Way to SA

Post by OBSESSED » Sun May 15, 2005 2:42 pm

http://www.dieselboss.com/fuel.htm

Last Years:

UP to Date Fuel prices along the '15' in UTAH we will need fuel some where here-5-29-04


CITY/Brand Exit # COST Miles from Placentia
Fly'n J
St. George I-15 Exit 4 1.999 370

T/A Fuel
Parowan I-15, Exit 78 2.019 450

Fly'n J
Nephi I-15 Exit 222 1.999 590

Payson I-15 Exit 254 1.999 624

Springville I-15 Exit 265 1.999 635

PILOT Fuel
MSC I-15 Exit 347 2.049 717

Fly'n J
Willard I-15 Exit 360 2.039 730

West Brigham I-15 Exit 364 2.039 735

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5-1-05 This years:
UT, St. George I-15 Exit 4 2.399

UT, Nephi I-15 Exit 222 2.379

UT, Payson I-15 Exit 254 2.399

UT, Salt Lake City I-15 & I-80 SR201 2.379

UT, Springville I-15 Exit 265 2.399

UT, Ogden I-15 Exit 346 2.379

UT, Willard I-15 Exit 360 2.379

UT, West Brigham I-15 Exit 364 2.379

OBSESSED
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Posts: 5566
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2000 8:17 am
Please enter the middle number: 5
Location: Sand City, USA
Contact:

Post by OBSESSED » Sun May 15, 2005 9:49 pm

5/15/05 Todays fuel prices

Down 10 cents in ten days!
However, up 24 cents in a year...

UT, St. George I-15 Exit 4 2.279
UT, Richfield I-70 Exit 40 2.279
UT, Nephi I-15 Exit 222 2.279

UT, Payson I-15 Exit 254 2.279

UT, Springville I-15 Exit 265 2.279

UT, Ogden I-15 Exit 346 2.279
UT, Willard I-15 Exit 360 2.279
UT, West Brigham I-15 Exit 364 2.279

ID, McCammon I-15 Exit 47 2.339

User avatar
Crowdog
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Posts: 2121
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2001 9:57 pm
Please enter the middle number: 5
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Contact:

Post by Crowdog » Mon May 16, 2005 5:59 am

$2.27 isn't bad. I paid $2.49 last weekend in Fallon, NV.

User avatar
FunRunner
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Posts: 4740
Joined: Thu May 24, 2001 1:50 pm
Please enter the middle number: 5
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by FunRunner » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:33 am

This is pretty nifty.
Just enter your zip code in the site below, and it tells you which gas stations have the cheapest prices (and the highest) on gas in your zip code area. It's updated every evening.

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstatio ... =&src=Netx

The link works, but the stations it showed, aren't the cheapest, unless gas and fuel have gone up since yesterday, and I doubt the prices are updated that frequently.

User avatar
HSSC
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
Posts: 614
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:17 pm
Please enter the middle number: 5
Location: Mt. Rose HWY, Reno NV.

Post by HSSC » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:08 pm

Don't care. What's the price of a plane ticket and hotel room on the moon? :shock:

My own private Idaho, that's what I'm talking about. 8)
Public lands are for public use.
Ken & family
Mt. Rose HWY,Reno NV.

OBSESSED
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Posts: 5566
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2000 8:17 am
Please enter the middle number: 5
Location: Sand City, USA
Contact:

Post by OBSESSED » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:17 pm

HSSC wrote:Don't care. What's the price of a plane ticket and hotel room on the moon? :shock:

My own private Idaho, that's what I'm talking about. 8)
Ain't that the truth...

F-it throw the cost factor out the window...

However, some [not me :lol: ] need to plan their next fuel stop.

I get about 650 miles to a tank. So I stop when the friend I an following up needs to stop...

Two years RJ and I drove straight through from the Sand Hills with two stops [2 total stops!] Once in Brigham City and then again in Cedar City.

MH pulling a 30...
Left SH's at 7:30 am Idaho time
Home at 12:30am... the next morn in OC.

Don't try this with your wife...
RJ and I are still friends, only because he forgives and forgets :wink:
And you know, the wife never forgets! EVER!

Steve
Don't fear death, celebrate life.
Live Every Day to the fullest.
Live your life with no regrets.

User avatar
Kevlar
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2001 1:37 pm
Please enter the middle number: 5
Location: Visalia, Ca
Contact:

Post by Kevlar » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:04 pm

We like to break the trip up. We will stay in Jackpot Nevada the first night and then on to St. A the next day.

OBSESSED
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Posts: 5566
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2000 8:17 am
Please enter the middle number: 5
Location: Sand City, USA
Contact:

Post by OBSESSED » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:13 am

we will stop also.

I just do not know where.

Cedar city sounds good...

Walmarts along way still let you stay in lot over night.
Exits:

#4'
#10
#263
272
279
297
306
334
I think there is a new WM at exit 57 or around 57... Near Cedar City
My Walmart atlas is 3 years old though.

If you buy a driving atlas at WM it tells you all the store locations and exits.

Enjoy!

Steve
Don't fear death, celebrate life.
Live Every Day to the fullest.
Live your life with no regrets.

OBSESSED
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Posts: 5566
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2000 8:17 am
Please enter the middle number: 5
Location: Sand City, USA
Contact:

Post by OBSESSED » Fri May 19, 2006 2:03 pm

OBSESSED wrote:5/15/05 Todays fuel prices

Down 10 cents in ten days!
However, up 24 cents in a year...

UT, St. George I-15 Exit 4 2.279
UT, Richfield I-70 Exit 40 2.279
UT, Nephi I-15 Exit 222 2.279

UT, Payson I-15 Exit 254 2.279

UT, Springville I-15 Exit 265 2.279

UT, Ogden I-15 Exit 346 2.279
UT, Willard I-15 Exit 360 2.279
UT, West Brigham I-15 Exit 364 2.279

ID, McCammon I-15 Exit 47 2.339
Now for todays prices up an average of 90 cents...

UT, St. George I-15 Exit 4 3.179

UT, Nephi I-15 Exit 222 3.189

I find it interesting that some of the milage markers for the same exit and the same station have changed...

Has Utah shrunk north to south, or south to north?



UT, Payson I-15 Exit 250 3.189

UT, Springville I-15 Exit 261 3.189

UT, Ogden I-15 Exit 343 3.179

UT, West Brigham I-15 Exit 362 3.179

UT, Willard I-15 Exit 357 3.179


So did the 15 shrink from Nephi to Payson?

Or is it some kind of new math in Utah?
Don't fear death, celebrate life.
Live Every Day to the fullest.
Live your life with no regrets.

jm102397
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
Posts: 1157
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2000 5:07 pm
Please enter the middle number: 5
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by jm102397 » Fri May 19, 2006 8:34 pm

UT, Springville I-15 Exit 261 3.189

No idea about the shrinking thing Steve, but if you stop at this exit and look to the east you'll see our new place on the side of the mountain there :)

Looks now like we may not make it up there for our planned June/July trip-anyone looking for a reservation at Desert Oasis June 23-July 8th?
Julie Monroe

RichB
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
Posts: 1573
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2001 6:32 am
Please enter the middle number: 5
Location: Lost Wages

Post by RichB » Tue May 23, 2006 9:00 pm

I don't know what's going on with Utah fuel prices but lately I can get diesel cheaper in Vegas than in S. Utah, and that's highly out of the norm.

There's a new Shell complex right off the I-15, Hurricane Exit (just N. of St. George), they had Diesel cheaper than the Flyin' J in St George last weekend, it was .03 cheaper than the J and zero wait, unlike the circus at the J.

User avatar
Vincent J Brunasso
ASA Co-Founder • Past President
ASA Co-Founder • Past President
Posts: 2723
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2000 8:05 pm
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Post by Vincent J Brunasso » Tue May 23, 2006 9:42 pm

So did the 15 shrink from Nephi to Payson?

Or is it some kind of new math in Utah?
There's a couple of methods that determine what goes on exit markers which are different from mile markers:
Understanding Mile Markers and Exit Numbers

Mile Markers
Mile markers, or mileposts as they are also known, are the vertical green signs on the edge of highways placed at one-mile intervals. Mile marker numbering begins at the most southerly or westerly point in a state. For example, if you enter Colorado from New Mexico, mile markers will increase as you travel north through Colorado. Likewise if you were to enter Colorado from Utah, mile markers would increase as you travel east through Colorado. California is the only state that does not use mile markers. Instead they use a Post Mile system with numbering beginning and ending at county lines.

Exit Numbers
Interstate exit numbers are determined by one of two methods. The first, and most widely used, is based on the mile marker system. Using this method, the first exit number on an Interstate as you travel south to north or west to east is determined by its distance from the state line. For example, if an exit is located between mile markers 4 and 5, it is numbered as Exit 4. The next exit, if located at mile marker 8.7, would be numbered as Exit 8. Thus you would know that you must travel approximately 4 miles to reach the next exit. Using this method of exit numbering helps to determine the location and distance to a desired exit.

The second method of numbering Interstate exits is the consecutive numbering system, which means Interstate exit numbers begin at the most southerly or westerly point and increase consecutively as you travel north or east. Using this method, the first exit on an Interstate as you travel south to north or west to east is Exit 1. Each exit thereafter increases consecutively as Exit 2, Exit 3 and so on. Few states use this method of numbering Interstate exits.

California's Numbering System

As mentioned above, California does not use mile markers nor does it indicate exits with a number. This is changing, however. In January of 2002, California began erecting signs displaying exit numbers based on the mile marker system. Completion of this project is expected in 2008. The exit numbers and mile marker numbers used in this web site for California are based on the new proposed numbers that California has assigned.
Changing methods or adding new exits could explain the "shrinkage".

Check out http://www.roadnotes.com/interstate/index.htm for more.
Vincent J. Brunasso
ASA Co-Founder and past president

“My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.”
--Thomas Jefferson

OBSESSED
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Posts: 5566
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2000 8:17 am
Please enter the middle number: 5
Location: Sand City, USA
Contact:

Post by OBSESSED » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:37 pm

OBSESSED wrote:
OBSESSED wrote:5/15/05 Todays fuel prices

Down 10 cents in ten days!
However, up 24 cents in a year...

UT, St. George I-15 Exit 4 2.279
UT, Richfield I-70 Exit 40 2.279
UT, Nephi I-15 Exit 222 2.279

UT, Payson I-15 Exit 254 2.279

UT, Springville I-15 Exit 265 2.279

UT, Ogden I-15 Exit 346 2.279
UT, Willard I-15 Exit 360 2.279
UT, West Brigham I-15 Exit 364 2.279

ID, McCammon I-15 Exit 47 2.339
Now for todays prices up an average of 90 cents...

UT, St. George I-15 Exit 4 3.179

UT, Nephi I-15 Exit 222 3.189

I find it interesting that some of the milage markers for the same exit and the same station have changed...

Has Utah shrunk north to south, or south to north?



UT, Payson I-15 Exit 250 3.189

UT, Springville I-15 Exit 261 3.189

UT, Ogden I-15 Exit 343 3.179

UT, West Brigham I-15 Exit 362 3.179

UT, Willard I-15 Exit 357 3.179


So did the 15 shrink from Nephi to Payson?

Or is it some kind of new math in Utah?
Today 6-1-06 Prices:

UT, St. George I-15 Exit 4 3.149

UT, Nephi I-15 Exit 222 3.149


UT, Payson I-15 Exit 250 3.149

UT, Springville I-15 Exit 261 3.149

UT, Ogden I-15 Exit 343 3.179

UT, Willard I-15 Exit 357 3.179

UT, West Brigham I-15 Exit 362 3.179

So fuel has gone down 3 cents per...

Big deal...

:wink: :lol:
Don't fear death, celebrate life.
Live Every Day to the fullest.
Live your life with no regrets.

OBSESSED
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Posts: 5566
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2000 8:17 am
Please enter the middle number: 5
Location: Sand City, USA
Contact:

Post by OBSESSED » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:40 pm

jm102397 wrote:UT, Springville I-15 Exit 261 3.189

No idea about the shrinking thing Steve, but if you stop at this exit and look to the east you'll see our new place on the side of the mountain there :)

Looks now like we may not make it up there for our planned June/July trip-anyone looking for a reservation at Desert Oasis June 23-July 8th?
How high up above the freeway?

Sounds wonderful!

S

jm102397
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
6th Gear "Wide Open" Member
Posts: 1157
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2000 5:07 pm
Please enter the middle number: 5
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by jm102397 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:58 am

Hmmm...not sure-4 miles?? Far enough that I can't see it from the deck :)

Are you guys traveling by yourselves or caravaning up? You are always welcome to stop by. We'd also like to get a chance to see your trailer while you are up this way (if you haven't sold it yet). Looking to get rid of the stacker now that Jamie went back to a quad-definitely not needed for 3 quads and a SL Squirt ;)
Julie Monroe

OBSESSED
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Posts: 5566
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2000 8:17 am
Please enter the middle number: 5
Location: Sand City, USA
Contact:

Post by OBSESSED » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:05 pm

Utah

Pilot Truck stop
I-15 & UT 39,
Exit 344

Unleaded 2.8190 --2.9190-- 3.0190
Diesel 3.1990
Don't fear death, celebrate life.
Live Every Day to the fullest.
Live your life with no regrets.

OBSESSED
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Posts: 5566
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2000 8:17 am
Please enter the middle number: 5
Location: Sand City, USA
Contact:

Post by OBSESSED » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:08 pm

OBSESSED wrote:
OBSESSED wrote:
OBSESSED wrote:5/15/05 Todays fuel prices

Down 10 cents in ten days!
However, up 24 cents in a year...

UT, St. George I-15 Exit 4 2.279
UT, Richfield I-70 Exit 40 2.279
UT, Nephi I-15 Exit 222 2.279

UT, Payson I-15 Exit 254 2.279

UT, Springville I-15 Exit 265 2.279

UT, Ogden I-15 Exit 346 2.279
UT, Willard I-15 Exit 360 2.279
UT, West Brigham I-15 Exit 364 2.279

ID, McCammon I-15 Exit 47 2.339
Now for todays prices up an average of 90 cents...

UT, St. George I-15 Exit 4 3.179

UT, Nephi I-15 Exit 222 3.189

I find it interesting that some of the milage markers for the same exit and the same station have changed...

Has Utah shrunk north to south, or south to north?



UT, Payson I-15 Exit 250 3.189

UT, Springville I-15 Exit 261 3.189

UT, Ogden I-15 Exit 343 3.179

UT, West Brigham I-15 Exit 362 3.179

UT, Willard I-15 Exit 357 3.179


So did the 15 shrink from Nephi to Payson?

Or is it some kind of new math in Utah?
Today 6-1-06 Prices:

UT, St. George I-15 Exit 4 3.149

UT, Nephi I-15 Exit 222 3.149


UT, Payson I-15 Exit 250 3.149

UT, Springville I-15 Exit 261 3.149

UT, Ogden I-15 Exit 343 3.179

UT, Willard I-15 Exit 357 3.179

UT, West Brigham I-15 Exit 362 3.179

So fuel has gone down 3 cents per...

Big deal...

:wink: :lol:
Up to the minute price [6-9-06]:

UT, St. George I-15 Exit 4 3.129

UT, Nephi I-15 Exit 222 3.149

UT, Payson I-15 Exit 250 3.149

UT, Springville I-15 Exit 261 3.149

UT, Ogden I-15 Exit 343 3.159

UT, Willard I-15 Exit 357 3.159

UT, West Brigham I-15 Exit 362 3.159

Looks like prices are at least no longer going up...

Cost per gallon doesn't matter, we're going no matter the price, this does ease the tension of the wait though...

Steve
Don't fear death, celebrate life.
Live Every Day to the fullest.
Live your life with no regrets.

OBSESSED
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Posts: 5566
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2000 8:17 am
Please enter the middle number: 5
Location: Sand City, USA
Contact:

Post by OBSESSED » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:27 am

Looks like fuel is still droping:

UT, St. George I-15 Exit 4 3.109 [6-14-06]

two more cents in a week...

There ya go!

It's a trend!
Don't fear death, celebrate life.
Live Every Day to the fullest.
Live your life with no regrets.

Post Reply

Return to “St. Anthony Dunes”