Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Vincent J Brunasso
ASA Co-Founder • Past President
ASA Co-Founder • Past President
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

I guess this goes here

Post by Vincent J Brunasso » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:32 pm

I am tired of my crappy cell phone. I've never had one with good-as-land-line sound. I know I might be dreaming, but there's times when I take calls and can't tell the other person is on a cell.

Which one should I buy and whose service? Cost not an issue.
Vincent J. Brunasso
ASA Co-Founder and past president

“My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.”
--Thomas Jefferson

Kevlar
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by Kevlar » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:09 pm

I just got a new SYNC by Samsung. It was rated #1 by consumer reports. I'm pretty happy with it. Way better earpiece than my Razr

jhitesma
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Post by jhitesma » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:35 pm

I'm a big fan of LG phones (well most...not the Chocolate).

My last one my only complaint was that the volume would go from too quiet to hear to so loud the speaker was breaking up :roll: But I very often had people comment that they didn't think I was on a cell phone while talking to them so the outgoing sound quality must have been much better than the incoming.

I just upgraded to a vx8300 and love it. The sound is much better than my old LG, the battery lasts longer, the bluetooth works great and the camera actually isn't horrible. The one thing I don't much care for is it's a music player phone...but you can't use the songs you put on it as ringtones (you can use bitpim with the bluetooth to convert and upload them though.)

The main reason I don't like it being a music phone though (something which frankly I think is just plain silly - I want my phone battery to be there for calls not so I can listen to music) is because there's a play button on the outside and if it's held down for about two seconds it will start to play. And I always seem to be leaning against it resulting in a sudden burst of tunes from my pocket at unusual times.

Amy has a Sony/Erricson and it's not bad...but I can't say I'm impressed by it's sound quality...or it's coverage (though that's probably more AT&T/Cingular's fault) and the interface just feels clunky to me. I felt much the same about her old Nokia as well.

And I just plain don't like Motorola phones at all...way overpriced, annoying menus, they just don't live up to Motorolas good name anymore IMHO.

Return to “GPS • Two-Way Radios”