Desert Advisory Council (DAC) meeting

Cleanups, Meetings, Calls to Action...

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Doc
Website Admin
Website Admin

Desert Advisory Council (DAC) meeting

Post by Doc » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:52 pm

The next Desert Advisory Council (DAC) meeting will be March 20-21 in Barstow.
There will be a tour of the Johnson Valley area on Friday and the formal DAC meeting will be on Saturday.
One topic of interest to the dune users will be the reorganization of the current Technical Review Teams (TRT). The TRT’s for both the ISDRA and Dumont are being reorganized. The details will be presented at the DAC meeting and the public is invited to submit comments on the new structure of these groups.

Here is the link to the DAC web page with the information on the time and location for these meetings.
DAC Web Page

Press release about DAC Meeting
DAC meeting press release

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Desert Advisory Council (DAC) meeting

Post by Sloppyduner » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:21 pm

I've been looking forward to this since Summer. I think it is important, even for us Glamis goers to get involved with this for many reasons. I plan on going up on Friday to do the tour and stay up there that night for the meeting the next day. Anyone want to carpool? (one seat in my truck) I'll be leaving Fontana no later than 8 on Friday. I'm going to TRY to get a room at the Holiday Inn Express where the meeting will be. I'm not good at sharing a room BUT if you want a lift to Johnson Valley, Barstow, then back to the IE just PM me.

....and at the end of that light there is another tunnel

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:00 am

Who else is going to be there?

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:03 am

Really? I know it was Barstow people but more than two people from the BBS would have been nice. And by two people one of those people had to be there. :(

Doc
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post by Doc » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:14 am

Thanks Jon for attending. This was one of the more informative DAC meetings that I have been to. Many of the items affected the ISDRA.

Plan for the next DAC meeting on June 13, also at Barstow, and again there will be many items on the agenda that are associated with the ISDRA and the public's use of recreation areas in general.

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:11 pm

Thanks for the heads up Doc.

Lesse thing I heard about at this DAC meeting :-k
Signing the East side of the tracks
New maps for the ISDRA RAMP
A high ranking officials views on the kids motor cycles, and what the DAC is going to do to try to help.
More information on Johnson Valley.

The point I'd like to make is the Upcoming Events should get as much attention as other forums because, in my opinion THAT is where you can find places to go (in person) and talk to people to get the scoop on things that are going on with the dunes, and other off road related issues. Sure the bbs, and some other forms of media gives us clues as to whats kinda going on, but to hear things and see presentations from people who are making the decissions is, again in my opinion, is the best way to stay informed on the issues that affect our sport.

And might I add is a great way to keep us all united and on the same course.

As Dick wrote, there is another DAC meeting in June. There is an ASA meeting in Arizona here in a few months, just two of the MANY opportunities to get out there meet the people involved, get the story right from the horses mouth, and even get your voices heard. And in some cases learn how to get your voices heard louder.

I'm serious about this stuff. There is A LOT going on out there in our sport. Its a bummer seeing so few people at meetings. I'm not sure if the DAC wants hundreds of us there, but 10 would be a good number. The ASA info meetings, I know would be a great place for a hundred or so people.

You know the tell a friend game where the original line gets distorted a little each time its told. Well the more people who hear it the first time, the better it will be processed down the line. Thats the way I see it.

Oh and no the Barstow Holiday Inn DOES NOT serve breakfast burritos. But dang theres like 50 fast food joints with in 5 blocks.

Return to “Upcoming Events”