Sperry Wash Route

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

conrad
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Sperry Wash Route

Post by conrad » Sat Jan 19, 2002 12:30 pm

Can the Sperry Wash Route be done in a sandrail with dirt tires? I'm thinkin' about buying a set of Desert Tracks for the rear just to give the trail a shot. How long and difficult is it? I'm a first timer to the hard pack, i've been a Glamis sand guy for the last 27 years. Thanks

Conrad Nelson

Ourhotvw
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member

Post by Ourhotvw » Mon Jan 21, 2002 9:28 am

Conrad,
Most definitely. We have seen many buggies on the wash trail. There isn't anything really difficult about the trail. However, I will quantify my answer by saying we won't do it with ours. We have a Sand Sprite VI which sits pretty close to the ground and there are a couple of spots where the creek crossing can get a little deep if there has been any recent rain. And the rocky parts of the trail would not do the chrome and aluminum any good at all.

The trail is about 17 miles (one way) if you go all the way to Tecopa highway. It's a great ride, very scenic and a terrific family outing. So load up the family, pack a lunch and have a great time.

Marion

KFXBob

Post by KFXBob » Tue Jan 22, 2002 12:39 pm

Try to stay out of the water, we took about 6 bikes/A T V'S up there, splashed around a bunch, and didn't get time to clean them right away. What a mess, water very Alkali.
Aluminum and chrome was a mess, several bolts rounded or broke off due to corrosian.
A nice ride, but a mess to clean up after.
Bob J

Jeepster
1st Gear Member

Post by Jeepster » Fri Feb 08, 2002 7:52 am

I am not familiar with the Dumont Area. Went their about 12 years ago but don't remember much. We plan on going the weekend after Presidents Day and taking the Jeeps. This Sperry Wash Route sounds like a nice ride. Can anyone give me directions as to where I could find this route once I get to Dumont? Is it on any maps of the area? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Help keep America Free.

conrad
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by conrad » Fri Feb 08, 2002 6:48 pm

You cant miss it if you come in during the day. Towards the end of the long graded road you pass the BLM map of the area, rules etc... The entrance to the route is on the left hand side of the road a little ways after that. There is a sign at the entrance erected by the BLM. Have fun and tell us how it goes.

Conrad Nelson

Jeepster
1st Gear Member

Post by Jeepster » Mon Feb 18, 2002 9:08 am

Conrad,

Thanks for the reply. Will keep you posted on how the run goes.

Help keep America Free.

schraderrl
5th Gear "Pinned" Member
5th Gear "Pinned" Member

Post by schraderrl » Fri Feb 22, 2002 11:12 am

http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/ ... 4&Z=11&W=2
35N41'49" X 116W15'02" go north up the creek
Bob Schrader

Edited by - schraderrl on 02/22/2002 10:20:04 AM

Edited by - schraderrl on 02/22/2002 10:28:21 AM

Return to “Dumont Dunes”