Technical Discussion Forum

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

bansheeman
2nd Gear Member
2nd Gear Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

NEED HELP!!!

Post by bansheeman » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:39 am

NEED HELP!!! My friend has a Pilot and she took it into the shop after slipping a belt in Gordon's about a month ago. Its been in the shop ever since and the guy seems to think she needs a new drive pully. I'm located in San Diego, does anybody know of a reputable shop here in town that will work on something that old. We're planning on going to San Felipe for spring break so we need to get it in ASAP so it will be ready to run for then. We leave on the 8th. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Sloppyduner
CA Event Committee Chair
CA Event Committee Chair

Post by Sloppyduner » Mon May 22, 2006 1:43 pm

It's not "in town" but it's the source of pilot/Odyssey parts I know of and the best guy I've ever done buissness with.
http://odysseysalvage.com

As far as working on it, the BEST thing to do is get a dreded service manual and even though it SEEMS impossible to do. Just do it yourself. You'll save HUNDREDS on labor not to mention lugging that 600lbs beast around. If I can replace a gearbox in a FL350 I think anybody can do anything with these machines.

I'm serious about Randy at Odyssey Salvage. He'll treat you right.

....and at the end of that light there is another tunnel

GYTR660
1st Gear Member

Piolt repairs

Post by GYTR660 » Fri May 26, 2006 12:04 pm

I was just going thru the posts and came across yours. I am in IB and I do work on the side out of my garage and I know that your unit is not one that is worked at the dealer. I have been working for the dealers for nine years now so don’t worry no backyard wrenching here. I have worked on obsessed’s toys as well so if you need a good reference he would be a familiar one. Give me a call 619-929-7910 names Tim.

curlie
4th Gear Member
4th Gear Member

Post by curlie » Fri May 26, 2006 12:21 pm

Bike Bandit has been a good parts source for us. We got a manual for our Pilot, and a new complete rear brake assembly that was unavailable in the US from Honda. Whew! we were sweating bullets for awhile over that...

Return to “Pilot & Odyssey”