Technical Discussion Forum

Moderator: Sitewide Forum Moderators

Sandcock
7th Gear "No Brakes" Member
Please enter the middle number: 5

Lug Nuts

Post by Sandcock » Sun May 23, 2010 3:55 pm

I change my wheels to ride hard pack and to ride sand several times a season. I recenetly rounded off one of my lugs nuts and it was a bugger getting it off. Basically had to use a chisel to split it. The fault lays on me because I've been using the stock nuts for about five years. I checked with Yamaha and the nuts run over $2 each. Looked on the internet and found a site for 10mm x 1.25 flange nuts at 0.15 cents each. The site also had good prices on other metric hardware. I'm not particular on OEM hardware unless it has to be OEM. I lose so much out riding so I look at price. If anyone is interested in the site send me a pm. I won't post on the bbs because they are not a sponser.
The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

Woodglue
antispam: NO
Please enter the middle number: 7

Re: Lug Nuts

Post by Woodglue » Thu May 27, 2010 7:24 am

If you want to, you can post it here in a 'heads up' basis, even if they are not a sponsor. :wink:
My Avatar is BLM's DRAMP Proposed OHV Access under Alt #3.
Purple = Closed
Green = Open
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?
More here

Sandcock
Please enter the middle number: 5

Re: Lug Nuts

Post by Sandcock » Thu May 27, 2010 11:30 am

The real egalitarians are not the people who want to redistribute wealth to the poor, but those who want to extend to the poor the ability to create their own wealth, to lift themselves up, instead of trying to tear others down. Earning respect, including self-respect, is better than being a parasite. Thomas Sowell

Return to “ATV & Motorcycle”